How do you handle changes?

cjanderson66

7 hours ago, kwhitt said:

Mick - thanks for the reply.  Yes, I found that, but want something 3D for my technical illustrations to show the footings.  I was able to create a repeating molding and it does a fairly good job.  File is attached is anyone wants it.  Sorry to hi-jack the thread!

lattice.jpg

lattice.calibz

Thanks Kevin , I'll give that a try ....

M.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, joey_martin said:

FWIW...this seems like a lot of overthinking the process! Chief will keep copies of your files in the archives forever. Occasionally I will "save as" a copy for some changes that I know have little hope of surviving but....honestly...I just open the file and go to work. 

This depends a lot on what type of work a person is doing.  For the types of complex remodel projects and ultra custom new homes I often work on and when collaborating with other designers, I personally think there’s usually NOT ENOUGH thought given as to how changes are tracked and archived.  Sometimes we spend weeks or months heading in one direction and then the client wants to go back to a prior design.  Proper archiving makes it easy to go back to any given iteration or fork to either start again from there, cut and paste from there, or simply to refer to for any given reason.  If strictly using the Auto Archive, there’s no great way of saving or tracking based on any specific fork other than the date.  

• Like 1