Display at scale on monitor?

Statewide

One Idea........If you put the Macro      %scale%     in a Text Box in Plan (not Layout) you won't need the ruler as you zoom in and out....

M.

image.thumb.png.0af85909de53fefeaf3c05fdaabf2ad4.png

Edited by Kbird1
clarification - use in Plan not Layout see CS post
  • Like 1

If you are using the %scale% macro in layout you will need to zoom until it says 1:1  which is a little tricky without a bunch of luck or system adjustments.   Most likely you will be better off doing a test print to PDF and then using you PDF viewer to adjust the zoom level. Many other benefits to proofing things at that stage as well, not to mention it will prevent scratches on your monitor.

I don't get why you are measuring off the monitor.

I would have thought that using Drawing Sheet Setup and Print Preview would give you everything that you need.

I have never heard of anyone measuring off the monitor.

That would not give you an accurate idea of how things would look when printed anyway, because the screen and the printer use different resolutions.

2 hours ago, glennw said:

I don't get why you are measuring off the monitor.

I would have thought that using Drawing Sheet Setup and Print Preview would give you everything that you need.

I have never heard of anyone measuring the off the monitor.

That would not give you an accurate idea of how things would look when printed anyway, because the screen and the printer use different resolutions.

It is just a quick check to make sure the font and or detail is readable at that size, when at scale.

No scratching the monitor it's just a small flexible ruler.

Using the scale macro in plan view is what I do. However as Glenn mentioned, it will probably be off a little due to the resolution of the monitor but it will give you a very good idea if everything will be legible when printing.