Nvidia driver updated but ca doesn't recognize it?

dskogg

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Oh Wow , interesting ...that would be bad unless it has other Ports like VGA or Display Port , assuming they don't have the same issue.

I assume it has Bios 1.12 ? it's old, Dec. 2016 , but may correct some issues if yours is not upto date.

M.

I believe about 4 or 6 months ago someone else posted a problem when driving an external monitor with their laptop. Their main screen was being driven by the discrete GPU but the external screen was being driven by the integrated chip. Not sure if it was ever resolved.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Oh Wow , interesting ...that would be bad unless it has other Ports like VGA or Display Port , assuming they don't have the same issue.

I assume it has Bios 1.12 ? it's old, Dec. 2016 , but may correct some issues if yours is not upto date.

M.

Well ..hallelujah...i disconnected external monitor as suggested, rebooted laptop, started chief up...and now its using nvidia..yay!!

I hooked back up external monitor and it is still using nvidia ...

I made sure my laptop was set to the main monitor...not sure it this will matter... i have display set to multiple monitors..

Thanks for all your help here...it is an older laptop but i need to use this for a while yet.. so appreciate your help.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Good news , luckily Graham had a brain wave :) 

"A Brain Wave", haven't had one of those in a while, will mark that day in the calendar.

Would be interesting to know if the NVidia settings now stick if the laptop is rebooted with the external monitor connected or if it has to be booted with the monitor disconnected and then connected after the boot is finished.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

"A Brain Wave", haven't had one of those in a while, will mark that day in the calendar.

Would be interesting to know if the NVidia settings now stick if the laptop is rebooted with the external monitor connected or if it has to be booted with the monitor disconnected and then connected after the boot is finished.

Graham, i will keep an eye on it and report back...thanks again for both your help...most appreciative.

Cheers