Railing...

Designer1

How can I get this railing to have a center newel without it reaching to the beam BUT I want the outer newels to be post to beam like shown in the picture?   I understand we can space newels out on the DBX but I need one in the center for support I just don't want that one reaching all the way to the beam like the rest.  I hope theres some option I can accomplish this.

Thanks!

Railing.jpg

Aonther option is to connect a short invisible wall segment using a 'room divider' wall type perpendicular to the railing. Then reverse the layer direction of one side of the railing. It should create a newel at that junction. Simply center that wall segment in the room, or dimension it for a more specific placement. The newel would be placed without the invisible wall segment, just by reversing the layer direction, but the invisible wall segment gives you a simple 'slide' to move that connection where you'd like it. Of course, your railing must be reversible!

If you have just those 4 to do I would just use a P-Solid and copy and paste to each section , however if it is a Rail Style you use a lot I would likely make myself a Railing Panel and save it to my Library.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02893/creating-custom-balusters-and-railing-panels.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01029/specifying-glass-or-cable-railing-panels.html

Great!  Thanks you all for your support and replies.  I will give those a try and see what results I can get.  Im hoping that in future releases of chief they will greatly address an updated stairs and railing builder.  At this point were dealing with nearly the same stair/railing tool weve had since 2007 and earlier... time for a huge upgrade!

Thanks again!