Showing wall layers in elevation

sweetmelissa

I will try to explain this the best I can... I draw a room with some cubbies for bookshelves (see floor plan pic), I place some cabinets in the cubbies.  I go to the elevation and I paint the wall the color of the cabinets.  My problem is with the L side of the middle wall where it has a line going up the side of it. (see elevation pic).   That layer of the wall is still the color of the side wall it connects to... but even if I paint that layer the cabinet color, I still see the line in the wall.  Make sense? It doesn't do it on the right side for some reason.  This is just a sample plan.  The one I'm working on needs to look seamless across the entire wall... I can't have lines in weird places.  I've tried multiple things. Thanks for your help.  

WALL FLOOR PLAN.PNG

WALL ELEVATION.PNG

24 minutes ago, sweetmelissa said:

I will try to explain this the best I can... I draw a room with some cubbies for bookshelves (see floor plan pic), I place some cabinets in the cubbies.  I go to the elevation and I paint the wall the color of the cabinets.  My problem is with the L side of the middle wall where it has a line going up the side of it. (see elevation pic).   That layer of the wall is still the color of the side wall it connects to... but even if I paint that layer the cabinet color, I still see the line in the wall.  Make sense? It doesn't do it on the right side for some reason.  This is just a sample plan.  The one I'm working on needs to look seamless across the entire wall... I can't have lines in weird places.  I've tried multiple things. Thanks for your help.  

Have you tried making your offending wall a 'through wall' at both its start and end?

I fixed it!! I tried both of your suggestions with no luck, though I wasn't sure where to "turn on"  the start and end indicators. The walls were definitely connected.   I selected the horizontal wall in the middle, edited the "wall layer intersections" ... and TA-DAH! I'm so happy.  Thank you so much! You both are so helpful.  :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sweetmelissa said:

Thank you! I turned it on to see what it did... do you keep these on? Just curious. Seems like it might be helpful.  

Yes , I find it very useful , it also works for CAD lines etc if you didn't realise , not just Walls.

M.

• Like 1