Sending 3D perspective to layout

Evolution

My search of the forum didn’t bring a topic up addressing this particular question. How do I adjust the size of a perspective view before I send it to layout? Is that in editing the active camera settings?

When is end to layout it is so small you can’t see any detail. Grabbing the drag handle and doing a concentric enlarge makes the view blurred. I know it is a simple answer, but I haven’t found it yet?

Thanks

zoom in and update the view, the closer you zoom in the finer it will refresh but when you print it will automatically update to the final quality. This could be wrong but I believe its the way chief handles images to keep things running faster/smoother and not bog down.

25 minutes ago, Evolution said:

My search of the forum didn’t bring a topic up addressing this particular question. How do I adjust the size of a perspective view before I send it to layout? Is that in editing the active camera settings?

When is end to layout it is so small you can’t see any detail. Grabbing the drag handle and doing a concentric enlarge makes the view blurred. I know it is a simple answer, but I haven’t found it yet?

Thanks

Try sending to Layout as an Image instead it is usually about twice the size.

The Up or Downside depending on your point of view, is that the Image is NOT live and thus does NOT update on it's own - just resend the (saved+named) camera view if needed.

Mick.

17 minutes ago, mattyt12 said:

zoom in and update the view, the closer you zoom in the finer it will refresh but when you print it will automatically update to the final quality. This could be wrong but I believe its the way chief handles images to keep things running faster/smoother and not bog down.

I zoomed in as far I could withou running out of screen. 

17 minutes ago, mattyt12 said:

Mick, I’ve been doing PNG images (versus using PDF) I was hoping I find a way to just send to layout.  
thanks

44 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Mick, I’ve been doing PNG images (versus using PDF) I was hoping I find a way to just send to layout.  
thanks

That is what I was talking about.........  ie sending as an Image direct to Layout from the 3D camera vs sending as a Live Camera ... check the Send to Layout DBX.

Mick