Sconce light issue

DH7777

I keep running into this issue. Lights with more than one bulb and only one turn on. I have noticed the same thing with under-mount cabinet lights in my kitchens doing the same thing. In those cases, if I adjust one the other side of the under-mount kitchen lights turns off leaving me with half the lighting I need to be on. I gave up on under-mount cabinet lighting awhile back (too frustrating).

This picture is an example of what I'm dealing with now. This happens 95% of the time in my bathroom sconces. No matter which way I move this camera that one bulb is the only one on. This I a Physically based view. It shows the same in a walk through

Untitled 4.jpg

Suggest you open up the light fixture DBX and under light data check to see whether there is more than one light source assigned to the fixture. Light bulbs are not light sources and there are fixtures in the library that only have one light source assigned even though the fixture has multiple light bulbs.

5 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Suggest you open up the light fixture DBX and under light data check to see whether there is more than one light source assigned to the fixture. Light bulbs are not light sources and there are fixtures in the library that only have one light source assigned even though the fixture has multiple light bulbs.

Okay, I just checked. The only thing I see is a drop-down menu under Light Data/Light Sources that have Light 1(all views) Light 2(all views) and Light 3 (all views) I check light 3(all vies) and it changed nothing so I'm not sure what lingo I looking for under Light Sources...

2 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Okay, I just checked. The only thing I see is a drop-down menu under Light Data/Light Sources that have Light 1(all views) Light 2(all views) and Light 3 (all views) I check light 3(all vies) and it changed nothing so I'm not sure what lingo I looking for under Light Sources...

Ok sounds like there are more than 1 light source. Open up the camera DBX and check to see how many active lights are permitted. This number should be greater than the total number of light sources in the plan. Set it at 100 and see if that helps.

Just now, TheKitchenAbode said:

Ok sounds like there are more than 1 light source. Open up the camera DBX and check to see how many active lights are permitted. This number should be greater than the total number of light sources in the plan. Set it at 100 and see if that helps.

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well? I noticed lights are off in other rooms in the background that I know are on and when the camera approaches those rooms they sometimes come on. I'd like them to stay on. I have had a tremendous time with lighting issue in Physically-based walk-throughs. Seems I can get it just right in a camera view but when I start recording none of the settings I set seem to hold. Physically-based walk-throughs must have a dbx somewhere thats different.

2 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

1 minute ago, DH7777 said:

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well? I noticed lights are off in other rooms in the background that I know are on and when the camera approaches those rooms they sometimes come on. I'd like them to stay on. I have had a tremendous time with lighting issue in Physically-based walk-throughs. Seems I can get it just right in a camera view but when I start recording none of the settings I set seem to hold. Physically-based walk-throughs must have a dbx somewhere thats different.

Sorry, can't help when it comes to walkthroughs as I never do them.

1 minute ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Sorry, can't help when it comes to walkthroughs as I never do them.

no worries. I can't stand working with them but my boss is totally into me mastering them it seems. 

1 hour ago, DH7777 said:

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well?

I mentioned this to you in your other post found here: 

defaults/camera tools/full camera defaults/camera/lighting/automatic/maximum lights/