Show attic wall in elevation view?

M-Ferioli

I have a room where part of the ceiling shows as pitched and part is flat.  I have been able to create the look I need (although probably not correctly) but I am struggling a bit with the elevations.  If I use the wall elevation tool I only see the room wall and not the "attic" wall piece up top that has the ceiling planes on it.  When I make a shed roof to get the angled ceiling it breaks up the wall into two pieces.  I like the wall elevation because it is very clean, no extra wall/ floor/ceiling structure shown.  I can show both walls using the cross section/elevation tool but I cannot figure out how to get a clean look with that camera, it shows much more detail than I want to see.  This is the first I've really had to work with this so I'm sure there is a lot I don't know.  I tried turning on and off different layers but I didn't have much luck getting what I wanted although I can make it a bit cleaner.  Am I missing an easy way to get both walls to show simultaneously using the wall elevation tool?  Or is there a way to have that wall be generated as one tall wall instead of two?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

wall elevation.JPG

cross section elevation.JPG

perspective.JPG

yeah I see that those cameras are built to show different things, I was hoping I could edit them a bit more.

So I guess the other way would be to combine those wall into one, is that possible?  or to have it generated as one wall one from the start?

I searched for this as I figured it had to be out there somewhere but I guess I'm not that good at searching.  Thanks for taking the time to share that link, I think that has answered all my questions.  Now I'll just have to experiment with a method that works best for me.