TURN DECK PLANKING

DianeP

I need the planking to go the at 90 degrees to its current orientation.  I have gone to the dialog for rooms and changed the plank direction from 0 to 90 degrees.  I have gone to the foundation page and changed the direction of the joists to run at 0 degrees instead of the 90 degrees it wants to run. It will change the joists but not the planks. Auto deck framing is on.  I remember being able to work this out before, but for some reason it escapes me now.  Help is greatly appreciated. 

image.thumb.png.27934983dde0e427e39da7fde6280ad6.png  image.thumb.png.7b459bd3e8ef973374c9ce9a7f87b63b.png

58 minutes ago, justmejerry said:

Did you force a rebuild after you changed the direction or just let it auto rebuild? Is keep deck framing after deleting checked?

56 minutes ago, solver said:

From 

ct1.thumb.png.5e842d6143f46bba1e4f946d08157498.png

To

ct2.thumb.png.40ab355af07267fa2d9c2f914945514d.png

Thanks for your help, guys.  It got me thinking another direction.    I had changed the default, but it didn't change the planking on the deck that was already built.  I did get it to work by choosing the deck room on the plan and changing the plank direction on the deck to 90 degrees.  I guess the default change would have worked for a new deck, but not an existing deck.  

On 10/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, DianeP said:

...I had changed the default, but it didn't change the planking on the deck that was already built...

Interesting situation.  I have also found that changing defaults does not affect already defined entities, but sometimes it does.  So, what are the principles behind affecting already defined objects when defaults are changed?