terrain perimeter on lake

LaissezFaire

Can I turn off the angles & dimensions of 1 side of a terrain perimeter? The lot is on a lake & the survey on the lake side is to cluttered if I show the angles & dimensions. I tried putting the lake side on a different Layer but couldn't get it to close. At the worst case I can show the angles & dimensions with text but it seems that there should be an easier way

Thanks for any Ideas

Jack

If you break the connections on the polyline you can turn off the angles and dimensions individually.  However they really should be there if you are doing an official plot plan.  Maybe try a semi transparent mask over them for the lake water or just a deep blue and then the black numbers will not be so bold.

5 minutes ago, LaissezFaire said:

I may be over thinking this, but was trying to keep everything connected so I could change it to a terrain perimeter.

Yes there is that deficiency as well.  I deal with it all the time as we don't use South bearings in Canada and I have to always disconnect and reverse lines to make things work.  You can always draw a separate terrain perimeter that is larger or snap it to the plot lines.

6 minutes ago, LaissezFaire said:

Thanks Chopsaw,

I may be over thinking this, but was trying to keep everything connected so I could change it to a terrain perimeter.

Jack

You can do both, just create copies of the perimeter and new layers to help you separate some of those lines, and use the drawing order tools to help with display. Reference layers in your saved plan view are also available to help manage display.