Rooms inside Roof Structure

CTB_Russ

I am trying to add a bonus room to a single story house...a 1.5 story house and I keep running into problems... I only want a 2nd floor above the garage, but there vaulted ceilings in other rooms. The current challenge is adding transom windows in the vaulted rooms...The model has the upper floor stucture cutting through the transom or not allowing placement of the window beacause the floor of the upper floor is there...these are areas that should not have a floor above.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, CTB_Russ said:

I am trying to add a bonus room to a single story house...a 1.5 story house and I keep running into problems... I only want a 2nd floor above the garage, but there vaulted ceilings in other rooms. The current challenge is adding transom windows in the vaulted rooms...The model has the upper floor stucture cutting through the transom or not allowing placement of the window beacause the floor of the upper floor is there...these are areas that should not have a floor above.

If you want an answer...post the plan...or at least a sample plan.  You will get an answer promptly...