Moving to New PC

RobUSMC

I have the tech coming to the office today to install new PC's.  Right now I'm using X10.  What is the best way to copy the full data file to insure I catch everything include all imported symbols, images and user library.   It seems in the past when I copied the data file and moved I ended up missing tons of material images in my user library.  Any recommendations / procedures would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

FYI.   I got my new PC (See the specs in my signature) if anyone is interested in a similar set up and performance it is so much faster than my previous Dell Alienware which at the time of purchase was at the top.  This one blows the old one away.  Attached is a raytrace that I did on the old Alienware  Saturday and started it at 3pm  and stopped it Sunday at about 8 am.  This same raytrace on my new machine took 47 minutes to get about the same amount of passes. 

Final Kitchen Rendering From Family Room.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:48 AM, RobUSMC said:

I got my new PC (See the specs in my signature) if anyone is interested in a similar set up and performance it is so much faster than my previous Dell Alienware which at the time of purchase was at the top.  This one blows the old one away. 

@RobUSMC

Where did you get it and how much did it cost?  3 - 30" monitors, isn't that an over kill or are you just a serious multitask-er?

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, RobUSMC said:

Dell Alienware. $4000 and yes I do mustitask. Screen 1...Client info screen with selections, site phots, etc.  Screen 2... Plan view  Screen 3.... Camera/elevation views, library

If you don't mind, how loud is the computer.

I have read some reviews that the fans are noisy. 

My old Dell AlienWare had top fins that automatically opened when the heat level rose and you would hear a low level fan noise.  This new one I dont even know its sitting 3 feet from me.  Even when it reboots I hear hardly nothing.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:42 PM, Rich_Winsor said:

I have read some reviews that the fans are noisy

Big difference in Laptops vs Desktops , and I am not sure which model Alienware Rob has from his Signature?

Looks like a desktop though to me...... 

M.