Inserting Text Notes

robdyck

There must be a way to insert an existing text note that is in another view without copy and paste. For example, if I have a list of notes for exterior details that have been generated in the front elevation, and I'd like to repeat some of those on other elevations, do I really have to toggle back and forth between screens to copy and paste, and then refer back to my schedule so I can remember what they are? That seems like more work than just typing new notes in each drawing. Seems like I'll need to buy a few more screens...and get a bigger desk and a bigger office and more eyes...

There must be a tool to insert an existing note from an existing schedule, no?

51 minutes ago, robdyck said:

There must be a way to insert an existing text note that is in another view without copy and paste. For example, if I have a list of notes for exterior details that have been generated in the front elevation, and I'd like to repeat some of those on other elevations, do I really have to toggle back and forth between screens to copy and paste, and then refer back to my schedule so I can remember what they are? That seems like more work than just typing new notes in each drawing. Seems like I'll need to buy a few more screens...and get a bigger desk and a bigger office and more eyes...

There must be a tool to insert an existing note from an existing schedule, no?

Save them to your library and label them. :)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Save them to your library and label them. :)

57 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You might be able to make use of a few simple text macro's.

Thanks! Both of those are good ideas. I hate filling up my library with stuff specific to a single plan only. Wouldn't a tool that allows you to insert anything from an established schedule be kinda handy?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, robdyck said:

@Renerabbitt Don't look now Rene, but Chopsaw is only 2 upvotes behind you!

LOL, tied now, I've gotta bring some better advise.

Personally, I add items that will be specific to a job into a job folder in the library, when the job is done I deleted the folder.

I don't disagree with your request!

You could always export just that library for your archives.

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Personally, I add items that will be specific to a job into a job folder in the library, when the job is done I deleted the folder.

I don't disagree with your request!

You could always export just that library for your archives.

This is what I do as well , then I archive the Folder in case the Client comes back in the future for more work.

And +1 for the OP too. 

M.