Foundation plan

KauaiJon

You can create one if you like.  Usually just a copy of your default set will work with a few minor modifications.

Edited by Chopsaw
I am just here to learn and share. It seems that Jon understood and was helped by my answer so I don't understand what you are reacting to... please explain.
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KauaiJon said:

I see layer sets for other things like floor framing, roof framing ect.. .but nothing for foundation. What layer set would you typically use to create a foundation plan. 

Thanks! 

Go into your layer sets I (make a ) copy of the set with the fewest layers to turn off, rename it foundation set, turn off any thing left you don’t need, and you’re ready to go.

• Upvote 1

Another foundation question if anyone has the time to address..

I am wondering why only certain parts of the foundation show up on level 0. if I go up one level it shows the missing footings from level 0. Sorry if that was weird way of explaining the problem! Let me know if you need clarification. Mahalo! 

19 minutes ago, KauaiJon said:

Aloha, I am trying to get footings/slab landings from level 1 down to show on the foundation level 0... Also curious why when you using the framing tool to build "post with footing" It building post with a slab. At least that is how it is seeming to classify it... 

Thank you in advance! 

foundation problem 2.pdf

foundation problem.pdf

Try using a Screen capture Tool such as the Windows Snipping tool to take pics of the issues and post them direct to the Forum , rather than making and attaching PDFs which need to be downloaded to view.

And welcome to the Forum :) 

M.

5 minutes ago, KauaiJon said:

Thanks Mick! 

Always best to post the Plan file if you can , as it can stop a lot of the "playing 20 questions" and you'll get a quicker answer. Just make sure the Plan is closed in Chief when you attach it to the Post (or Zip it ...If over 25mb) as CA lockes the File while it is open , leading to attachments not working and empty zip files.

Did you draw one deck on level 0 and the other on level 1? 

M.

Jon your posted plan file is not quite the same as your previous screen shots but it seems that you moved the two stair slabs down to the 0 level.  Other things can be done the same way. Make sure that the elevation reference is set to Absolute and CRTL+X  on level one and then CTRL + ALT + V on level zero.  Footings, posts and beams should all work fine that way. Footings seem to be missing from angled main floor entrance porch.

1 hour ago, KauaiJon said:

The entry deck is on level 2, and the rear deck is on level 1. I attached the plan. Thank you for your help! 

Clints_house_3.plan

Anything built on One floor that extends below the Subfloor (Floor) height will Show on the Floor below --- not two floors below

But in this case as CS mentioned you can use CUT and Paste-Hold Position to move those elements down the extra Floor if needed.

You may want to consider 6 x 6 posts for the Decks too not 4x4.... and turn on the Framing Deck Posts Layer so you can see them in Plan view ( assuming you want to see them?)

I don't think you need those room dividers on level 0 , though I am not 100% sure what they were doing , though I saw no ill effects deleting them.

image.thumb.png.b3a62491b71300e7b37236f5eec22fa8.png