"American Casual" new template is missing?

Trendsighter

Since I started using Chief I've always opened up a new plan using the American Casual template. Now it has disappeared? I've been out working in the field and haven't been designing for about a month. Is the elimination of this something new or did I delete it somehow? 

(I've attached a screenshot showing the American Casual template that I found in an older video.) 

Thank you.

American Casual  2019-10-16 14.11.07.png

2 minutes ago, solver said:

I have it for X6 forward, but I think Chief stopped including them in X10.

ct1.thumb.png.5b44a53be6c38646ed1a673dda733cfd.png

Look in these directories for a backup.

ct2.thumb.png.dd48c708b6e5c4421a6113d40b8f29d8.png

I'm using Chief X11. With the "Residential Plan" loading I don't seem to be able to use "Default Settings" like I could with the "Casual Plan" template. I've rebooted and no change. Could this have something to do with my SSA expiring 60 days ago and I haven't picked it up again yet? Thank you for your assistance.

I think Eric is right Chief removed them in X10 or X11, but here is a copy of My CA Styles Templates Folder. (zip file down lower)

It may not give you YOUR defaults back which was why Scott suggested just using an Old plan you know is good settings wise and just deleting everything out of it.

You could also import the Defaults from an old plan you like into a copy of the Residental Template......

CA Style Templates.zip

M.

Thank you Kbird. When I try and open up the American Casual template it wants to open it on my Chief X9 edition. and then I get this message:

"This license of Chief Architect is currently active on another computer. Chief Architect can be installed on multiple computers, but only one computer can be active at any given time."

Now I'm not really happy about having to drop "backward" to X9 just to get that template but I'll give it a try. 

Thanks again for your time.

Dale

Dale you are really having a bad day !   Do you have an open with option on your Mac like PC's do ?

Also there is a new setting in X11 in Preferences > General > File Management > File Association, "Associate Files With This Program.."    This is quite helpful if you are exclusively using X11.

But this will take away your association with X9.

1 hour ago, Trendsighter said:

I do know I've used the American Casual template with Chief X11.

Your Default Setting for New Plans in Preferences was probably still linked to the X9 folder previously , if you let CA migrate Settings when you update Versions.

46 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Also there is a new setting in X11 in Preferences > General > File Management > File Association, "Associate Files With This Program.."    This is quite helpful if you are exclusively using X11.

This should fix it for ALL CA Plans if you open them by double clicking on them, however you can point the Preference for new Plans to the CA Styles Folder wherever you Unzipped it to , and the Amer.Casual Template File.

M.