Barrel vault (ceiling plane) not working

Evolution

I managed to get one Barrel vault modeled, but attempting the same on the other side of the room (mirror image) is not working.  I even tried copy reflect about that didn't work for ME either.  It might work for you, if it does please explain what made the difference.

I Checked the structure, on that side and it is the same as the side I was able to model.  I even copied the settings of the first (successful vault and pasted them in) unless something changed and I didn't catch it???

The Video I watched showed the same steps I followed and that worked fine on the first one, so why won't it work on the other? The space is the same identical area, only difference is coming into the barrel from the living room side has two (cased openings) the other side coming from the great room has a pair of doors, then into the barrel vault going out into the 2-way cathedral vault (which will be complete when I finally add the second floor above and make that space open below). I was waiting on modeling the second floor since the Owner has made a gzillion floor plan changes just on the first floor. He explained to day (after a dozen emails and texts) that he is "Design OCD"!!!!

Thanks for any direction given. 

YARBRO_RESIDENCE_ADDITION.plan

BARREL VAULT NOT WORKING 2.png

BARREL VAULT NOT WORKING.png

1 hour ago, solver said:

Uncheck Flat Ceiling.

Use the object Eyedropper to transfer the settings from one room to the other.

The walls around the safe room seem misaligned.

ct1.thumb.png.33cce65cc4158ff7a3642edd49b0132a.png

Eric..... no one will believe me but I can get it lined up next time I open the plan it’s tight back like that. I even pulled the wall back re connected it was fine close open its right back like that, deleted the wall redrew lose / open the program right back like that.  I bet the eye dropper trick won’t work for me,,,,,, I’ll try it when I’m back at work tomorrow. Meanwhile thank you.

14 hours ago, solver said:

Uncheck Flat Ceiling.

Use the object Eyedropper to transfer the settings from one room to the other.

ct1.pngct2.thumb.png.26acfa4f12cc4836307af7d1b63947d1.png

The walls around the safe room seem misaligned.

I know......I fix it every time I open the plan to work on it, and it is fine when I close it until next time I open it, then it's right back like this.

I even pulled the wall all the way back to the corner and drag it back and it will look just fine until I open it again. I tried doing the wall with two walls (one inside like furring and it was worse than this). 

ct1.thumb.png.33cce65cc4158ff7a3642edd49b0132a.png

Brick ledge?  I haven't built the foundation. I plan on having a brick ledge but really hadn't worked on that.

ct3.thumb.png.c7d6341d213ac72bba95ea09146c441e.png

Steep stairs. Another work in progress, I hadn't adjusted the stairs yet, since I hadn't built the second floor.....is that a NO NO?

ct4.thumb.png.062155f3fb9da3d955fce44951c81a49.png

? Not sure where this is, I had something similar on the fire place I added in the exterior logia area, but found the issue and thought I had fixed it? I'll take another look at the Living room FP. 

ct5.thumb.png.7d080fb46cdb2b5b9e6d01ee10a1ba9e.pngct6.thumb.png.65c0a99f15243261f6499a0803042a92.png

Eric, thanks for the added help!!! I don't know how much time to spend doing this stuff.....but I sure do appreciate every second of it!!!!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Eric, thanks for the added help!!! I don't know how much time to spend doing this stuff.....but I sure do appreciate every second of it!!!!!!!!!!

Eric, I couldn't get the Object Eyedropper to work for me on the barreI  vault, but I did pull a wall section through the good BV, copied, and pasted it in the other two areas I needed the BV in, adjusted them manually and they're good.

Also, fixed the wall intersection (Living room fire place wall) by using the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool.  Same thing on fixing the Safe room wall (one more time) hopefully it will stay this way?

While taking a closer look at that corner I noticed my wall wasn't framing to the "edge of slab" as I had originally set, so I adjusted that also.  I'll work on the brick ledge and stair later.

As always thanks for the GREAT help!

edited wall connections corner.png

edited wall connections.png

BARREL VAULT FIXED.png

FIXED SAFE ROOM WALL.png

1 minute ago, solver said:

I used the Object Eyedropper to transfer ROOM settings.

Don't understand why when I copied/reflected the existing barrel, it was in a different location, but duplicating the room settings fixed it.

Are you doing this in that central area?

ct1.thumb.png.c46be50d02cbc3a70dedc45757f4f52b.png

Eric, it didn't work for me either, but I got it.  The center is open to the roof over the second floor. The roof over this area will be higher than the adjoining roofs and he wants a (I call it 2 way or 2 directional ) vaulted ceiling to form a "pyramid" type vault.  I'm dreading this one too! If he's through making changes today some time I'll start the second floor (then the real fun begins). He just sent me a text and decided he wants fewer lites in all the windows (which I had modelled and mulled as units) based on the Manf. cut sheets he provided, now I've got to explode them and change the lites. I mulled them originally so I could copy and paste them more easily.

4 hours ago, solver said:

Don't understand why when I copied/reflected the existing barrel, it was in a different location

Its because the ceilings are set to Use Room Ceiling Finish and the rooms have 2 totally different ceiling finishes defined.  That setting is one of the very first places I would recommend people look when having issues with manually drawn ceiling planes. 

On 10/16/2019 at 8:16 AM, Evolution said:

Eric, it didn't work for me either, but I got it.  The center is open to the roof over the second floor. The roof over this area will be higher than the adjoining roofs and he wants a (I call it 2 way or 2 directional ) vaulted ceiling to form a "pyramid" type vault.  I'm dreading this one too! If he's through making changes today some time I'll start the second floor (then the real fun begins). He just sent me a text and decided he wants fewer lites in all the windows (which I had modelled and mulled as units) based on the Manf. cut sheets he provided, now I've got to explode them and change the lites. I mulled them originally so I could copy and paste them more easily.

Intersecting arched ceilings are called 'Groin Vaults'

54 minutes ago, glennw said:

Bob,

Now compare the selected diagonal's length and angle with the other diagonal.

Also have a look at how the selected diagonal meets the bottom left hand corner of the room - zoom right in.

Well doggone it... I’ll look at it in the morning.