roof

Treehouse2339

I have a detached garage I am adding to an existing plan.  I want 13' ceilings which I set up.  I want to create a simple gable roof on it.  When I draw a roof plane over it for some reason it does not draw the roof on the wall.  It draws it at a much lower elevation.  any one know the answer?  Also If I generate a roof automatically will it also re due the roof on the main house?

33 minutes ago, Treehouse2339 said:

When I draw a roof plane over it for some reason it does not draw the roof on the wall.

May be drawing it at the Current default Ceiling height for the Plan , not the Wall it is over ? --- just use Transform Replicate to move it up from 8'-9' (?) to 13'..... use a CS Camera to determine the exact distance you want to move it in the Z Delta under Transform Replicate. Then use Reflect about to copy and position the 2nd roof Plane on the other side of the Gable.

37 minutes ago, Treehouse2339 said:

Also If I generate a roof automatically will it also re do the roof on the main house?

Yes , so don't do that unless the house is fully built auto and turning Auto Build back on won't Change it.

M.