Sill plate

daveswork

I can't figure out how to show my sill plates for my cross section view. Or perhaps I never put any in. If I select my foundation walls and in the wall specification I select  "foundation", I have sill plates selected. In the section view layer display options I have framing sill plates selected but they is not a red X under the used column. I'm in chief X10. 

sill plate missing.jpg

Thanks for your time!

I'm in foundation plan view.

-Went to Build

-Under Build clicked Framing

-Under Framing clicked Build Framing

-Under Build Framing clicked Foundation

-in Foundation tab picked Automatically build floor and ceiling framing then under Subfloor for Floor 1 checked Build Floor Framing.Still No sill plate in cross section set view and no Red X under framing sill plates in it's layer. 

still no sill plate even if I build wall framing for the foundation. I do see bottom and top plates for the pony wall in the crawlspace. Sill plates also don't show on my floor joist plan and no Red X in the layer display.

I think I'll just draw in a cad box representing my sill plate and adjust floor height accordingly. 

4 hours ago, daveswork said:

still no sill plate even if I build wall framing for the foundation. I do see bottom and top plates for the pony wall in the crawlspace. Sill plates also don't show on my floor joist plan and no Red X in the layer display.

I think I'll just draw in a cad box representing my sill plate and adjust floor height accordingly. 

Always best to post the Plan so we aren't playing 20 questions. Make sure it is closed in Chief before attaching or zipping if over 25mb.

Can't quite tell from your posts if this box is checked ? and of course Sill Plates are Displayed in the CS Camera......

image.thumb.png.fdc28f1f9065aa238ce6a1e781c60482.png

Ok.  Sorry about the delay. Having some computer issues as my video card isn"t up to snuff.
Sill plate has been checked all along for the foundation.

Forgive my plan as this cabin is in planning stages. Been using chief for more than 15 years and never got formal training.  Here is the file. Thanks again!

Dallas Divide.zip

8 minutes ago, solver said:

The 3" concrete layer in the floor structure is causing the problem.

Change it to something else and the sill plates generate.

Agreed or delete it if not needed.     ( this is a new weirdness for me at least )

Maybe just on my system but you also have a missing material for your Floor Finish ...which is set to 2x6 plank @ 0" thick.

17 hours ago, solver said:

The 3" concrete layer in the floor structure is causing the problem.

Change it to something else and the sill plates generate.

That's a weird one for sure.  You can leave it as concrete too but you have to change the material definition on the Materials List tab to something other than concrete.  Probably best to just create a new material for that.

On a side note, I'm curious if the structural definitions are actually correct.  Around here we would typically pour that inside the wall which would mean placing the concrete in the Floor Finish definition.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

On a side note, I'm curious if the structural definitions are actually correct.  Around here we would typically pour that inside the wall which would mean placing the concrete in the Floor Finish definition.

Same around here but usually only 1 1/2" . That is how it was setup in the Drawing originally when I checked the Defaults (3" F.Finish), it had been changed on a per Room Basis as well on the Structure Tab, which caused the issue apparently, every thing seemed fine after I switched it back to defaults.

M.