Barn door style window shutters??

Designer1

I know we have pieces to build a barn door style window shutter in the chief library. I was wondering can we build this automatically like we can do the barn door option but for windows?  If not I can piece meal it together but just wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! 

Chopsaw, how did you get that for a window?  I raised the barn door and it shortens like that but the window doesn't show up like that it just appears as a pass through without the option for a window.

Heres a link to a door I was looking to create automatically (if Possible) in Chief.  Its regular French doors but has full barn door shutters.

https://www.davidsoncommunities.com/communities/2019/4/2/the-oaks-farms

Chad,

You can place 2 doors in the same location.

This is a pair of standard Glass Panel, Hinged doors.

I copied them to another part of the wall and changed them to Library door B02, Barn doors.

Selected and dragged the barn doors back over the french doors.

New Image_11.jpg

WOW im so excited about this... in previous versions ive tried this but it erases one or the other, this must be a new feature in X11, this is great.

Glenn, do you happen to know how to get the results chopsaw did with the barn shutters for the windows?  It doesn't look like he has a window plus door to get that result. 

This whole new barn door adventure Im on is new and fun because we never had these in chief before.  Fun to be a newbie again at something chief!  (not that Im an expert by any means, just most things ive come across before).

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

WOW im so excited about this... in previous versions ive tried this but it erases one or the other, this must be a new feature in X11, this is great.

Yes they did make that improvement at some point recently.

6 hours ago, glennw said:

I am not sure how Chopsaw did it, but it's easy to do using a window and a barn door.

Same technique as I described above.

I basically did the same but then noticed a mess in plan view.  Found it worked a little better to build them the same size one beside the other and then use the center tool in plan view to match them up.

• 1 year later...