Railing wall extension: need to follow stairs

GeneDavis

I have the client's final edits and am cleaning up the model in prep for con docs.  There is a stairway wall, the railing wall between the two flights of a u-winder, that I cannot get where I want it.  The wall looks where I want it in plan view but in section, the part that enters the landing won't track the stairs in "follow."

See the pics and here is the file.  The end of the wall, being beyond the stairs it's tracking, isn't tracking, is level, and below the landing.  Manual editing doesn't seem to work for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01hgiyeqhc1enx3/Irvin Whitney.plan?dl=0

2019-10-10_2041.png

2019-10-10_2041_001.png

Gene,  I looked a few things over and made some comparisons to your previously posted file where the problem did not seem to exist.

I am most certainly not a stair expert with chief but if you pull the wall extension back 1" it seems to work and 3' 6" is a nice round number that I am sure your clients would accept.  It seems like you may be just a bit past the control of the stairway.

Even 3' 5 1/2" will actually work for your dimension on the upper landing.

Thanks for looking, Chop.

I fiddled with the wall end using my dimension (3'6" shown in screencap here) and this seems to be the limit of extension past the upper stair flight bottom end.  Chief ought to program for a little more extension, and I will suggest it.

Having built and trimmed these, I want a little more, maybe 1-1/2", so the skirt top edge is lower when it comes to the wall corner for its wrap and drop.  I can model the detail in SU and include images in the con docs to instruct the builder.  It is a minor thing, but I like trim schemes to be resolved on paper and not left up to the carpenter.

I love detailing stairs. 

2019-10-10_2314.png

11 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I love detailing stairs. 

Hmm...I sense sarcasm! With Chief's stairs and railings, if you really want the 3d to be accurate, you'll need to build things yourself. The railing wall between the stairs will need to be manually shaped, with a manual cap or molding applied. Change that center wall from a railing to a normal wall, and shape the top to the desired height.