Camera View Moves?

ACADuser

I have a camera vie that moves from time to time & I don't know why.

The text is in the layout. I don't move the cameras but it changes from time to time.

I just changed it to "Update on Demand" to see if that stops the movement.

It is a live view.

CA ISO view.JPG

5 hours ago, ACADuser said:

I'm not sure of the sequence because it doesn't happen all the time.

But it appears as if the camera moved and I'm sure I did not move the camera.

Not exactly sure what is going on with the shot you posted Alan as there is no before and after other than the text in the top right seems to be running off the sheet.

I did report not too long ago about a discrepancy between layout and PDF that I am not sure has been fixed yet but it was the image that was moving and not the text as far as I know.

Could be related ?

My issue is where I align the camera just the way I want & send to layout.

Then a few days later I revisit the layout sheet & the camera view has shifted as if the camera was moved.

If I try to stretch the layout window to readjust the camera view but the image is not there I have to re-send camera to view to correct.

I'll try to gather more info.

I've seen this behavior too.  I'm not sure what triggers.

I have my template plan and layout set up with multiple camera views already sent to layout.  When I copy those templates to a new folder/file and open the layout and refresh the views (all set to update on demand).  The cameras no longer maintain the originally set frame of view.  They usually are shot from much further away.  I have to recrop the layout boxes and enlarge the view again.  Defeats the purpose of setting things up in advance. 

I have also seen this when revising a layout but I've been thinking it was operator error.  I'll pay more attention to see if I can figure out the triggers.

4 hours ago, ACADuser said:

My issue is where I align the camera just the way I want & send to layout.

Then a few days later I revisit the layout sheet & the camera view has shifted as if the camera was moved.

If I try to stretch the layout window to readjust the camera view but the image is not there I have to re-send camera to view to correct.

I'll try to gather more info.

Ok now I understand and it seems Maureen is getting the same thing but this is a little different than what I reported so I will keep a more careful eye out for this one.

I have noticed this for years (or maybe entirely different issue). I believe it has to do with how you show your cameras in display. Are the cross section cameras centered, left side, or right side in display? Also, how long is the cross-section line (as in the crop to camera extents feature)?It seems to me the views always shift unless I use centered cross-section cameras and that defeats the purpose of using the left or right off-set display in plan. I believe the view just centers on wherever the camera icon is place in plan. Haven't researched this too much but that seems to be what is going on with mine. I don't notice it too much in layout but for sure when I just open a camera view by double-clicking the layout viewport. The camera always comes up on screen squirrely and I have to reposition to center in my monitors.

This could be caused by the fact that you have zoomed or scrolled the camera with Perspective Crop Mode toggled off.

Under these conditions, you are actually moving the camera to change the view.

Tile a plan and a 3D view and scroll or zoom the 3D view and watch the camera move in the plan view.

If you toggle Perspective Crop Mode on and do the same, the camera will not move, but the view will.

From the help file:

When Perspective Crop Mode  is active, panning and zooming do not adjust the position of the camera. As such, using it can result in inconsistencies between a camera’s position and what is actually shown in the view. For this reason, it should only be used to zoom in closely on small objects or details.

Perspective Crop Mode is not used when a view is sent to layout. This means that a view on the layout page may not look the same as the original view. See Layout.

• Like 1