Arched Doors and Frames

Evolution

I know this is simple for most of you, but doesn't seem to be working for me.  I set my default for the exterior doors to be "elliptical arched", after several attempts cannot get the doors to have elliptical heads although the frames themselves are. So I know I will look "stupid" for asking help for such a simple task. I tried these topic searches but didn't yield a lot of help.

I actually do my best to solve my own issues (learning tips and tricks from others)……..and you'd think something this simple...….;the only thing I can come up with is creating a custom door symbol (surely not?)  (EDIT the forum won't let me upload the plan file?). I even drag it into the file upload window but nothing happens. No error message nothing> the plan file is only 18,876 kb so not sure why I can't upload to the forum? 

DOORS NEED ELIP.png

DOORS W-ELIP ARCH.png

Elip arch.png

Exter door default.png

5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Chief will only put the arch on the built-in door styles (slab, glass slab, panel, etc.).  If you want to use a custom door or one from the library then you'll need to make the changes yourself or pick a more suitable door. 

I was afraid of that. Thanks Michael

5 hours ago, Dermot said:

The program can't convert the library symbol you are using for your door style into an arched shape.  If you choose a parametric door style, such as "Panel", it will look much better.

arched door panel.png

Thanks, Dermot

Nice job Eric, but it takes a long time to do this in CA because this software is not really made for 3D modeling ...Doing a quick basic column, etc it can be done fairly quickly, but doing this type of a door, it takes to much time...

In SketchUp, it would be 100 times faster to make this door, because Sketchup specifically intended for 3D modeling and they have far more tools and loads of plugins that make 3D modeling a breeze and I'm sure most of the people who use Sketchup will agree.

As Dermot pointed out this is the way to go is change the door style unless you have nothing better to do and have the time to futz around in CA.

15 hours ago, solver said:

More info / download the plan file ...

Eric, you really go over-board to help us! I appreciate it TOO! I try to help others but of course I can't even fix the simple stuff some times.  My next thread is coming up. (EDIT UPDATE) Eric...……..WOW, you make it seem so simple! The videos are great.  Watched them this morning.  I'll have to give it a try today may not be the best day too though. I'll let you know how it comes out.