Why doesn't my material list show other lumber components?

22trobbins

5 hours ago, 22trobbins said:

My material list for lumber is only giving me counts for studs, plates, and headers. I have built framing for the whole house, how come there are no quantities for Floor Joists, T&G OSB, etc...?

Thanks!

Working on Premier X11

Someone is going to ask you to upload your model file here so they can look at it to see why you're having a problem with this.  If you do that people are more willing to jump in and help instead of guess at the issue.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Without looking I would say you need to go back and ensure you have specified all those other things to be built. Also, the materials list is just like other aspects of the program, there are "layer views" for the list. Do you have those items turned on?

Yes the wall assemblies have OSB, etc., and the joists are all on the plan. How do I turn on the "layer views" for the materials list?

On 10/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, 22trobbins said:

My material list for lumber is only giving me counts for studs, plates, and headers. I have built framing for the whole house, how come there are no quantities for Floor Joists, T&G OSB, etc...?

Looks like they are there when I do a Calculate Materials For All Floors.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.23.19 pm.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, glennw said:

Looks like they are there when I do a Calculate Materials For All Floors.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.23.19 pm.png

Yes, your materials list seems to pick it up. When I run a Materials List for All Floors, this is what I am shown. This is basically the entirety of the materials list. 

materials list 2.png

materials list 1.png

11 minutes ago, glennw said:

If you go to Preferences>Materials List, are all the categories checked?

Or, when in a Materials List view, go to Tools>Materials List Display Options and make sure all categories are checked.

Ah yes, this was the problem - thanks!

Thanks Mick,

I usually  hesitate to specify a particular tool button because they can be customised, moved, deleted, etc.

I usually just go straight to the menu item which can't be edited.

I just saves a reply like "I can't find that tool button".  

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Thanks Mick,

I usually  hesitate to specify a particular tool button because they can be customised, moved, deleted, etc.

I usually just go straight to the menu item which can't be edited.

I just saves a reply like "I can't find that tool button".  

I mentioned it mostly as in X11 the Icon changed and no longer looks like the other Display Options Icons, but like a lot of stuff in CA, it is usually available thru the Icon or Menu methods.

M.

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem. Once I REBUILD the walls, and used the materials polyline, everything showed up - wall studs, and ceiling joists. Then use the BUY LIST, all studs and ceiling joists were listed according to correct sizes and tally. Apparently, chief will calsulate the wall and ceiling materials list when the walls are built - either by automatic build walls or build walls. Hope this helps.