No gutter wanted on higher eaves. How to?

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I thought there was a way to select a roof edge, an eave edge, the roof plane having GUTTERS checked, and have no gutter on that selected edge.

Like any molding polyline.  The gutter is a molding done by Chief to a roof edge, an eave edge, when that option is checked.

But I cannot remember how.  Please advise.  

Thanks.

Gene,

The gutters are a molding polyline on the Roofs, Gutters layer.

This is usually a locked layer, so you will need to unlock it.

But the easiest way is to uncheck Gutter under Supply on the Options panel of the roof's dbx.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, didn't find the answer I needed, so I called Tech support. Alex was very helpful....here's the trick;

I had a situation in which I was tying in the roof over an addition to the existing roofline.

I pulled back the eave at the area in which the addition was being tied in.

The gutter at the pulled back roof edge was no longer wanted....

I selected the roof edge and looked and looked until I figured out I was not going to find the answer.....

As Gene mentioned, there was a "no molding on selected edge" option that had been available here previously.

The gutter polyline is not accessed by selecting the roof edge, but the gutter itself. Once I had selected the gutter along the roof edge in question,

I simply opened the object and voila!...my little checkbox thingy was right there waiting for me. :)

Hope this helps somebody.

• 1 year later...