object snaps

BillsburgChief

Is there a trick to use a specific snap (i.e end point only center only, perpendicular only)?  I can never get any thing to snap perpendicular, like trying to get a rectangular polyline to snap perpendicular to a cad line? 

Trying to get a rectangular polyline center point to snap perpendicular to a cad line? I thought you could press the cresponding key ( ], for perpendicular), but I can't seem to get it to work, I can only snap to end points.

55 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

Trying to get a rectangular polyline center point to snap perpendicular to a cad line? I thought you could press the cresponding key ( ], for perpendicular), but I can't seem to get it to work, I can only snap to end points.

Are you talking about a perpendicular extension?  Or are you trying to rotate the polyline so that it is perpendicular?  If you;re talking about rotating then you need to use the Make Parallel/Perpendicular tool.  If you're talking about perpendicular extensions then you'll need some kind of reference point to snap to (end of line or center of line) and you should get the extension snap if you temporarily turn off angle snaps.