Material Definition Not Applying

HarrisReno

I am using Home Designer Pro X11, and I cannot get the "Adjust Material Definition" tool to work for me. Specifically, I want to change a simple offset tile pattern to herringbone. I choose "Adjust Material Definition" from my toolbar and make the changes in the dialogue box. Unfortunately, nothing updates in the 3D view of the dialogue nor does it update in the plan. I have reviewed the documentation for this feature, and I can't find anything that I'm doing wrong. Why does it not update to herringbone? The colors won't even update. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, you are having difficulty. I have found this tool utterly reliable for over twenty years. The only thing I can think of is if you close the dialog by clicking on "Cancel" instead of "OK". If you change the shade of a material by altering the color you must also check the box on the "Texture Tab" that says "Blend with Texture", if you do not nothing then happens except in Vector View camera views. The adjust pattern has two areas of address per material:

1.  the Texture Tab which only addresses "Vector View" and other line-based camera views.

2. You must also address the "Texture Tab" of a material, making the same adjustments to the texture image that you made to the pattern to then see the changes in "Standard and PBR" render camera views.

All materials are made of a pattern for line-based camera views and textures for Standard Render, Physically Based Render Views, changing only some attributes only effects the camera type you adjusted the material for, you must do both in order to display the change in all camera types.

DJP

8 hours ago, HarrisReno said:

I am using Home Designer Pro X11, and I cannot get the "Adjust Material Definition" tool to work for me. Specifically, I want to change a simple offset tile pattern to herringbone. I choose "Adjust Material Definition" from my toolbar and make the changes in the dialogue box. Unfortunately, nothing updates in the 3D view of the dialogue nor does it update in the plan. I have reviewed the documentation for this feature, and I can't find anything that I'm doing wrong. Why does it not update to herringbone? The colors won't even update. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

If you are changing the PATTERN colours and Gridlines , you will only see those changes in VECTOR View where Patterns are used . the Standard+PBR Camera use Textures (images) so you need to make a new material ( eg pic from Manufacturer) which includes the grout lines to change those in 3D cameras.

M.

6 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Sorry, you are having difficulty. I have found this tool utterly reliable for over twenty years. The only thing I can think of is if you close the dialog by clicking on "Cancel" instead of "OK". If you change the shade of a material by altering the color you must also check the box on the "Texture Tab" that says "Blend with Texture", if you do not nothing then happens except in Vector View camera views. The adjust pattern has two areas of address per material:

1.  the Texture Tab which only addresses "Vector View" and other line-based camera views.

2. You must also address the "Texture Tab" of a material, making the same adjustments to the texture image that you made to the pattern to then see the changes in "Standard and PBR" render camera views.

All materials are made of a pattern for line-based camera views and textures for Standard Render, Physically Based Render Views, changing only some attributes only effects the camera type you adjusted the material for, you must do both in order to display the change in all camera types.

DJP

Thank you so much for replying, DJP. Your feedback helped me understand the process better. 

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

If you are changing the PATTERN colours and Gridlines , you will only see those changes in VECTOR View where Patterns are used . the Standard+PBR Camera use Textures (images) so you need to make a new material ( eg pic from Manufacturer) which includes the grout lines to change those in 3D cameras.

M.

I appreciate this information, Kbird1. I will work on getting manufacturer pics that serve my purpose. 

5 hours ago, solver said:

You probably have Home Designer Pro 2020. X11 is associated with the Chief Architect products.

You have found the forum for the Chief Architect branded products.

Home Designer users have their own forum, HomeTalk, where you will find suggestions based on your software.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Thank you, solver, for correcting me. I'll use my designated forum from this point forward.