Can't make the new material look correct.

Evolution

According to the threads I've read, and the Knowledge base for creating a new custom library material, wood for the ceiling finish, I thought I had all the settings correct; but when I attempt to apply  it via the ceiling structure dbx, it does not cover the entire ceiling.  I've tried changing the size of the capture i'm using for the texture. I checked and unchecked stretch to fit.  Changing from global mapping to unchecking global mapping bur still can get it right.  When I use the library file for reclaimed cypress that texture works fine.  I open its dbx and checked the setting for that texture, and used the same setting for the new material I had made.  I've attached a sample plan I was experimenting with, along with some screen captures. The interior decorator wants to use 3/4X 6 ship lap and have it painted gray. I found the web site, and capture a large Screen capture of the material the wanted to use.

Appreciate your help. 

TEST PLAN.plan

CUSTOM MATERIAL TEXTURE.png

CUSTOM MATERIAL.png

RECLAIMED WOOD.png

WOOD CEILING.png

2 hours ago, solver said:

How about painting and existing material?

ct1.thumb.png.69e27509cd7ab1e8017d275afe00d5aa.png

Not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried painting the mat'l. I attempted that before I posted the new thread

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Bob,

You need to crop the pic so that you don't have any white space?  It also helps if you only have a square pic.  That way the scaling doesn't need to be different for each direction.

I did crop the pic I used for the texture, Joe. I also thought it was pretty square. Either I'm not setting up the dbx for the new material correctly or something isn't working correctly. I've done new materials of Photos to use as TV screens and worked fine but for some reason it isn't now? Thanks for the helps guys!

PAINTING WORKED.png