Brick sills and soldier brick

DH7777

First, I'm using x11. I'm trying to create brick sills and soldier brick to my windows and doors and I have read everything I can find on this subject and can not find an answer other than I need to create my own polyline or symbol. This is what I am currently in the process of doing now. I must say, I wouldn't have this if CA would auto-generate brick sills, etc. just like Casing, Lintel, Lites, Jamb, Arch and on and on. My point here is if they can do that they should be able to do this.  CA does not allow for these trim components to auto-generate with an option to turn on or off brick sills and or soldier brick while in "open object". Seriously! Brick sills are used 100% of the time when you have brick around a window. Everything else seems to auto-generate in regards to windows and doors.

I chose to create a solid for these components. It looks pretty good. The problem is, I need to make the brick go vertical and when I select the said polyline I created that I matched the brick material to the house, I edit it and change material to 90 degrees thinking it is going to only change the properties of this polyline/symbol but it changes ALL the brick veneer on the house to vertical. I do not want this! I remember having this issue a while back on something and I can't recall how I got around this issue. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or can do better?

25 minutes ago, solver said:

Make a new material that has its texture/pattern rotated 90 degrees.

Solver,

Okay, that sounds like what I did before Thanks. 

As far as filling out my forum signature, how do I do this? I went to edit my profile and didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it?

3 hours ago, DH7777 said:

I edit it and change material to 90 degrees thinking it is going to only change the properties of this polyline/symbol but it changes ALL the brick veneer on the house to vertical. I do not want this! I remember having this issue a while back on something and I can't recall how I got around this issue. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or can do better?

Don't edit it. Copy and rename it as a new material.  Just a minor technicality.