Converting Metric To Imperial Unit

buzzsaw204

Go to solution Solved by Electromen,

Busssaw204,

It depends what you mean by convert the plan.

If all you want to do is display the dimensions as imperial or metric, do what Greg says.

But that is not really changing the format of the whole drawing environment (dbx's etc.) - to do that you need to start with the correct Imperial or Metric template.

Busssaw204,

It depends what you mean by convert the plan.

If all you want to do is display the dimensions as imperial or metric, do what Greg says.

But that is not really changing the format of the whole drawing environment (dbx's etc.) - to do that you need to start with the correct Imperial or Metric template.

I agree with Glenn......  another method to show metric dimensions in lieu of imperial units is to use the SECONDARY DIMENSION FORMAT that is set to use metric units.

Working on a plan for an American man married to a French women,  he  understood imperial,  she understood metric,  therefore a need for both to be shown.  I had both the PRIMARY and SECONDARY dimensions displayed.  Do not know what I would of done if I was still hand drawing.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Glenn......  another method to show metric dimensions in lieu of imperial units is to use the SECONDARY DIMENSION FORMAT that is set to use metric units.

Working on a plan for an American man married to a French women,  he  understood imperial,  she understood metric,  therefore a need for both to be shown.  I had both the PRIMARY and SECONDARY dimensions displayed.  Do not know what I would of done if I was still hand drawing.

Scott, This is one of those $100 nuggets (maybe more) for me that you recently talked about. Thank you for pointing out this feature! Our Bonaire house is a work-in-progress so I'm regularly looking at the plans to decide where planters might best fit, or whatever. Of course, the plans needed to be metric but I'm too old to be really fluent in metric and tend to need to convert everything back to imperial before my mind really visualizes the distances. A few mouse clicks in the dimension defaults dbx and now my CDs show both!! A major +1 for you on this.

• 8 months later...