Q: Sending elevation views to layout - Suppress Label option

para-CAD

Where is the check box to permanently disable the automatic label that appears just below the bottom of the exported item on the layout page? 

It defaults to Elevation [space] and then a number. 

I never use this and so every time I export to layout I have to "o,o", Open Object, and Suppress Label.

I haven't found where I can set that in Preferences or Default Settings to never come on.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

9 hours ago, para-CAD said:

I haven't found where I can set that in Preferences or Default Settings to never come on.

I don't have this issue. I do however have the layout box labels turned off in my layout template. I assume that's why I don't have this problem.

I would - if there were Defaults for Layout Box Labels - specify the label to use the %box_scale% macro as that Label and offset it in the "y" direction so it would be inside the Layout Box.

That would provide a scale that would be correct regardless of what scale the view was sent to Layout.

13 hours ago, para-CAD said:

I never use this and so every time I export to layout I have to "o,o", Open Object, and Suppress Label.

The other use for layout labels is just to keep you a little more organized which solves the initial problem quite easily by just dragging the label just beyond the border of your layout so it will not print but is still visible when working.  There are a variety of macros that can be added to keep you informed of the source for each layout box etc. Or leave it were it is and turn off before printing.

Thanks.  I never imagined that the layout layer defaults would be driving the label on the incoming item from a plan. It's defaulted ON and I had reached the point where I was tired of wasting 4 extra mouse actions to remove it every time I sent something to layout.  This is now OFF in my template file.  Y-E-E-E-S-S-S-S!!

2019-09-28 15_52_36-Window.png

• Like 1