HVAC schedule how to load text into

dskogg

On 9/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Dermot said:

Basically, you have to open the Note Specification dialog and enter the information on the Object Information panel for the columns you renamed.

Dermit only thing is those fields never appear to load text into.. I must be missing some thing..

26 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Dermit only thing is those fields never appear to load text into.. I must be missing some thing..

You just need to examine which fields you're entering text into, and ensure those fields are included in your schedule.

4 minutes ago, dskogg said:

When I open object those fields are not there to load info into? 
i must be missing something.

Remember you are using a note schedule, so you need to use the OIP fields for the note.  If you want to do it the other way you would need a Fixture schedule.

16 minutes ago, dskogg said:

here is a couple of pics , there is no extra fields to input text,

note object info panel.JPG

note object.JPG

I see a blank Manufacture field but that is not the schedule you originally posted.  Looks like you also created custom fields in your original posting.

"i have added a few different columns to the hvac sched and renamed them, how do i get this info into each column?"

So this all depends on what columns you added and renamed.  For example, if you added the "manufacturer" column, then it is very easy to add your own custom info to the manufacturer data on the Object Information panel.  But if you added a column that does not appear on the Object Information panel, then you may or may not be able to add any custom info.  You can also add your own custom fields and columns.  

It would be much easier for someone to figure out what you did if you post a plan demonstrating what you did.

I did not fix the Airflow Column in the test plan as it must have been something that was already giving a value of "1".

Try adding that to the Note Specification OIP and then re apply it in the Schedule DBX.  Enter your values in the Note DBX.

New Fields.JPG

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

it must have been something that was already giving a value of "1"

It's the Renamed Qty. Column Chop so it's likely using the %automatic_count% macro so not very useful here as we don't have access to it AFAIK. 

David..... it's better to not use QTY and use a renamed Code or Comment Column ( old method )  to Airflow ( see pic)  or create your Own Custom Fields for Airflow2 (in this case) or CFM if that is what the Column is for , then in the Schedule add the New CFM or Airflow2 Columns ( see pics) , from the available list, to the Columns to include.

image.thumb.png.30ac6df44da6183b635f5dc568fafe79.pngimage.thumb.png.accb00a4b23d57a958a9fea8c3c93318.png    

• Upvote 1