PBR Walls Lighting

robdyck

A bit late in the day to be starting an old topic. What the heck is the deal with random wall lighting issues in PBR? I've tried every toggle and adjustment I can find but I can't get a couple of walls to display properly. It's clearly not a specific lighting issue because the problem is with a few walls. I recorded the PBR adjusting itself and somewhere along the way it gets it just right...but then just keeps on going. All I'd need is a slider tool so I could manually reverse / forward that process and then stop it where I'd like it.

image.thumb.png.36acee7b16e2f5da373793b690aa09c8.png

And while I was working on this I had an epiphany! I added a wallcovering to my offending walls, using the same material, and BOOM! They all play along now! This could possibly go in the 'tip and tricks' section.

image.thumb.png.2a13853a2298ff112d22865e02d0e2ec.pngimage.thumb.png.bc8652e9e921a50dd1d75c9e3e684ad6.pngimage.thumb.png.291387908da85ecaab7c6ca45edc3fcb.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Typically happens when an architectural feature spans multiple rooms or breaks a plane to exterior

Any known solution? This problem affect more than just walls. In the screenshot below, the newel posts, the clipped bottom of the timber truss, and the gable wall are all affected.

image.thumb.png.2983cae5adbc7fa7845e81cbfbfd4729.png

The same shot after opening and closing the 'adjust sunlight' dbx.

image.thumb.png.c17f2a39f6443ed65889bc80aff319c7.png

22 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Any known solution?

It's all in the way you build, cutting corners on the railing end up causing an issue, elements need to be contained to one source of illumination. There are some funky things going on with that scene that I could probably help with, though I know its a pain to share your particular plans