ELECTRICAL WON'T SHOW UP ON ONE OF MY ELEVATIONS

JackOD

I am just stumped right now...

I cannot get any electrical to show up specifically on one particular elevation? why? My electrical layer is on. I made sure I wasn't accidentally sticking it behind a cabinet. Its 66" AFF to center. I also tried moving it off the wall a few inches to see if that made it visible. It is not back clipped, so I am not cutting it out or anything.... What is going on?

13 minutes ago, JackOD said:

I cannot get any electrical to show up specifically on one particular elevation? why? My electrical layer is on. I made sure I wasn't accidentally sticking it behind a cabinet. Its 66" AFF to center. I also tried moving it off the wall a few inches to see if that made it visible. It is not back clipped, so I am not cutting it out or anything.... What is going on?

Possible that your electrical is not on the electrical layer?

40 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Jack, are you saying in "camera view" electrical is not showing? Check your layers in camera to be sure the Electrical layer didn't get turned off.  It would probably be a good idea to post the plan to get quick help.

I am in elevation view. The correct layers are turned on. I am specifically working on a master bathroom layout. I have 2 vanities on different walls. I put sconces at each vanity. One elevations shows the sconces and the outlets (all the electrical) and the other elevation does not show it.... I have checked my layers. This is not the problem. I can't upload the file but see screen shots attached.

42 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Have you tried re-shooting the cross-section/elevation? Maybe it's a problem with one particular camera? Or you could post the plan for us to examine.

I have tried this. No luck. I completely deleted the elevation and made a new one. Have closed and re-opened the file, thinking maybe it needed a reset. No change.

Electrical Plan.PNG

Elevation 4.PNG

Elevation 6.PNG

On 9/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, JackOD said:

19 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Are the Scones on the Electrical Layer though?  

M.

Yes that has been stated a few times now. The same sconces show up on another elevation.

23 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Can you zip it?

Did you check the elevation of those lights? Maybe they are in the cabinet or above/below the floor height

See answer above. I did make sure they were not behind anything. I can see them in my 3-d view. Zip file attached.

23 hours ago, solver said:

Zip the plan after removing the fluff -- cars, furniture etc.

Use Edit Area to cut out the area of the problem making a smaller plan. Test to make sure the problem still exists then attach it.

Zip file attached.

19 hours ago, joey_martin said:

When you take a 3D overview of the room do you see them on that wall?

I can see them on the wall in my 3-d view.

19 hours ago, javatom said:

Make sure they are not set to "absolute" instead of "from finished floor".  It might be there but in the basement.

See answer above. I did make sure they were not behind anything. I can see them in my 3-d view.

Whats wrong with elevation 5.zip

Exactly what Eric said.  Then check No Room Definition on the Glass Shower Wall.

This should be a lesson that "POSTING THE PLAN" will get an answer much quicker.  The experts here will be able to examine the problem and find the solution.  In this case it's because electrical objects are not showing up on "No Room Definition" walls in elevation views.  IMO that's a BUG that should be reported and then fixed by CA.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, solver said:

Uncheck No Room Definition on the problem wall.

14 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Exactly what Eric said.  Then check No Room Definition on the Glass Shower Wall.

This should be a lesson that "POSTING THE PLAN" will get an answer much quicker.  The experts here will be able to examine the problem and find the solution.  In this case it's because electrical objects are not showing up on "No Room Definition" walls in elevation views.  IMO that's a BUG that should be reported and then fixed by CA.

THANK YOU GUYS. MUCH APPRECIATED.