Materials List Configuration

22trobbins

Chief Architect Premier X11

Build: 21.2.0.48x64

When I generate a materials list, I have most of my materials going into the "General GN#" category. I have concrete stem walls, stucco, siding, and many more different materials as a part of the General category. How do I setup the conditions that I am designing to be in specific groups and categories. For example:

I want to draw  2x6 exterior wall that will generate quantities that go in multiple categories:

- siding quantity

- insulation quantity

- framing quantity

- etc.

Thanks

materials list screenshot.png

What are you looking to get the material list to report?

Do you know how to manage reporting for the framing?  It can be as simple as total lf per type, it can be a buy list in standard lengths with scrap figured, or it can report out all the actual lengths in the build.

What exactly do you want the material list to report?

Draw a simple 4 wall house, put in one door, one window, auto-build the roof, draw a foundation under it, slab or stemwalls, your choice, auto-frame the whole thing, then generate the all-floors material list.

Examine it carefully and then come back here and tell us with specifics, what won't work for you.

AFAIK, the only thing you can control as to how quantities are reported is the framing.

If you have and use Excel, you can export it as such, open in Excel, and change it to whatever you need.