Importing a 3D plan from Sketchup to Chief Architect and work on Chief Architect

Arielle_02

It is not the ideal situation but depending on your desired result it may work.  Just be sure that the floor level of your model is at 0' and you will not be able to use all of the features of Chief Architect for this method but if you are just looking for some illustrations it may work out ok.  Likely would be better to redraw in Chief or export the cabinets to Sketchup.

I use both in every project and cannot imagine doing what you want to do.

What's your need?  3D renders?  Kitchen and bath plans, elevations, and details?  Construction docs?

i use SU to do staircase workouts, create furniture amd fixtures, and do framing elements Chief cannot do as readily as with SU.

Show us what you have and we can offer better help.

The only snaps you get from an imported SU model is at the bounding corners and centerpoints of edges, and only in plan view.

16 hours ago, Arielle_02 said:

Hello,

I imported a 3D plan drew on Sketchup on Chief Architect 11.  I would like to add cabinets to the plan, how can I do that?  It looks like when I drag the file to Chief Architect it imported it as a symbol not as a 3D drawing.

Thank you for your help,

Post the Sketchup model and I’ll see if I can make a video with some quick tips.  

I could do a Chief-drawn kitchen from a Sketchup-drawn one in 30 minutes or less.

SU model in one window, Chief in another.  SU's tape measure is the tool used.

Chief is ridiculously rich in features for building the cabinets to any config, then lighting the room, putting appliances in cabinets, oh, and moldings.