Copy wall type?

TennVol

Is there an easy way to copy a wall type (say 6" wall to replace a 4" wall) along the lines of "format painter" in Office or something similar?  Tried the eyedropper but that didn't work.  Searched the forum but nothing there I could find anyway.  Thanks.

Just double click or open the wall DBX and go to the Wall Types tab and Select an existing wall type from the drop down listing or define a new one. The other option if you have an adjoining wall type that is correct you can just drag it over the one that needs to be changed.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, that's what I've always done.  Just thought there might be a quicker way to define several with an eyedropper kind of approach.  I've been ctrl selecting walls as another way to do it.  Probably the only ways really. 

Default is 4" interior walls, then I make the plumbing walls and any others needing it as 6" walls. Same idea with text sizes, smaller rooms like closets and baths need smaller room labels, I'll just keep using the multi select and change things that way.  

2 hours ago, solver said:

Walls can be saved in the library, and chosen as you are drawing if you know what wall types are needed at that time.

If you go with that then you also have the ability to create your own custom wall toolbar.