New Kohler library?

Designer1

So I have a question about our content library.  I already had the Kohler library installed.  Chiefs website has the "featured" libraries for new content or updated current manufacture or bonus libraries. Most the time I just click update my library if I see a library already existing in my library but featured on chiefs site because it mean it has an update.

I saw Kohler featured and figured I'll update my current Kohler library and the new content will be loaded.  The updater said the libraries are already up to date.  So Im wondering why the Kohler library is a 'new' featured library if it doesn't have new content and is the same as before?  Do we need to delete the library in this instance before we load the new one if theres new content?

It was updated on Wed. 18 Sept. 2019 according to the 3D library Info maybe you already have it? , Simpson Door was also update this Week I believe.

DO NOT change the name of the Files you download from the 3D library, this can cause them not to update properly down the line as I found out earlier this year.

M.

Thanks for the replies and advice.  The thing is before I even hit the update libraries button or downloaded the latest library for Kohler the library already had 2971 objects in the library.  That's why I was wondering why it was featured on the new library list when nothing needed updating and nothing new was added??

Also I noticed a chief gear library was down in the library but never was on the featured list.  So now Im wondering do they frequently just put things in the different categories and not always on the featured section of content first?  Im just wanting to make sure my library is up to date and I have everything.  This method seems a little inconsistent.  Maybe someone from chief will chime in.

I do not believe a file name is relevant. Calibz is just a zip version of .calib, (SQLite3 database file). 

Without me providing you with tools to read it ( If I remember correctly LibraryViews table XML contains a version), the second best option is to check the number of library objects. 

I believe you have the newest version. 

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks for the replies and advice.  The thing is before I even hit the update libraries button or downloaded the latest library for Kohler the library already had 2971 objects in the library.  That's why I was wondering why it was featured on the new library list when nothing needed updating and nothing new was added??

Also I noticed a chief gear library was down in the library but never was on the featured list.  So now Im wondering do they frequently just put things in the different categories and not always on the featured section of content first?  Im just wanting to make sure my library is up to date and I have everything.  This method seems a little inconsistent.  Maybe someone from chief will chime in.

My guess is the file was already on the Server before the Webpage was updated with a new "Featured" List, so you had already picked it up during a previous Check.

Unless you downloaded all the Libraries available you won't "have everything" as the Bonus and Manufacturer Libraries must be downloaded individually, and of course the Update Catalog command only updates those libraries you do have installed.

M.

13 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I too noticed a new library called Chief Gear, and it made me think I should buy some of that swag.  Guess what?  They don't sell any Chief Gear, just reserved for their design competitions. 

I think that Library was just up for the Academy Last week and as for the real thing .....

Just the Travel Mug and Mouse Pad these days unless something Changed... used to be Polo's too I think.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/addon/

I know every businesses goal is to make money but find it annoying that chiefs full bundle price use to include the $120 user manual and the usb key, now you have to pay extra.  On top of that the overall price has increased both on the overall price and the ssa.  Its like when you add all three of those angles together its like yuck.  At least if by making the add ons a pay separately price and then kept the pricing of ssa or just the product price lower it would be understandable but for all three to go up, its like this isn't an incentive to want to buy upgrades as often.