Wall cab open front display

GeneDavis

First, I cannot upload any attachments other than pics because no wifi and I only have my phone to post here.

Frameless wall cabinets abut this one, but this one has a faceframe and no door, thus the shelves are visible.

i get the look I want by specifying a frameless cab, a glass door, change the glass material to open no material.

But in elevation or section, I don't see the shelves, and I get the hinged door opening indicator dashed diags.

Unable to use a door panel meaning fixed door, because that way I don't get to control shelves.

Try this:

Make a wall cabinet and change the box construction to "framed".

Click on the door panel and hit "delete".  The program should automatically change the door panel to an "opening".  You can then click on the "specify" button for the shelves if you need to customize them.

That's not the look we want, but thanks. 

We do a Shaker-door look always, and the open-shelf cab gets a frame on its front the equivalent of the door on the adjacent cab, but with no center panel.

i can 3D model this with perfection to show the client the look.  Just turn that cab's door panel to open-no-material.  

But the 2D elevation view isn't true.  I cannot see shelves, and the dashed-line swing indicator is there.

B1C34D49-8A75-4DF8-8BEB-94A0603DF43A.jpeg

5 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

That's not the look we want, but thanks. 

We do a Shaker-door look always, and the open-shelf cab gets a frame on its front the equivalent of the door on the adjacent cab, but with no center panel.

i can 3D model this with perfection to show the client the look.  Just turn that cab's door panel to open-no-material.  

But the 2D elevation view isn't true.  I cannot see shelves, and the dashed-line swing indicator is there.

B1C34D49-8A75-4DF8-8BEB-94A0603DF43A.jpeg

Open cabinet on left has custom door symbol that inserts into the back of the cabinet- rotate Z axis of symbol, include a back set apart from door and offset y axis-front is just open,

image.thumb.png.eca94b9ab50ba507df76f47dea832f15.png

open cabinet on the right is the just an open framed cabinet with separation dimension to match door and cabinet reduced by reveals. A lot faster but won't read correctly in the schedule. Either one will resize and move as a single unit though

image.png