Flush Eaves not working

Larry_Sweeney

I started working on an exterior remodel and want flush eaves. If I check "Boxed Eave" and "Flush Eave" nothing changes on the eave overhang. The only way I can make regular Box Eaves is to uncheck "Default to Overhang" and manually put in the length of the boxed eave. This leads me to think I'm have something wrong in my setup. What little I've been able to find in searching "Flush Eaves" is that there were problems with using the flush eave, but I thought the problem (bug) was corrected. I've attached the plan as it now stands. Any and all help is always much appreciated. Thank you.

R_Cotner.zip

Your Default Overhang is 2", try it at 18" ...... set the Box Eave options in "Edit all Roof Planes" too ,  if the Build Roof DBX setting doesn't get them all since you have existing Roof Planes..... you also don't need the "flat under Eave Sub-Fascia Setting" in this case AFAIK.

M.

image.thumb.png.b3c46fba4a23e86f896f317d7d9e0e5d.png

Mick & Eric..........................Thanks for your advice. The 2" overhang was the problem. That was the setup for drawing the original as built. When I started making changes in the design I never gave it a thought about changing my original default setup settings. My first thought is that the default 2" overhang shouldn't make a difference. I don't quite know where the logic is that that would be the problem to my dilemma. To me this would be considered a BUG. I'll have to put this fix into my "memory file" :).  Thank you both for taking the time to help-----------much appreciated.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I finally got my roofs to produce flush eaves. That is except for one area. On the shed dormer at the rear I have a flush eave on one side, but at the other end CA wants to produce a boxed eave. I've tried pulling both walls back at the corner where the boxed eave is and then reattaching them. I've tried two separate roof planes with one roof plane for each end of the dormer. All to no avail. I still get the flush eave on one end and a boxed eave on the other. What else is there to try. I'm guessing it has to do with the corner wall connection where I'm getting a boxed eave. I've attached the plan with the changes to the flush eaves and the one problem boxed eave on the dormer corner. Thank you.

R_Cotner2.zip

Just now, Larry_Sweeney said:

Eric.........................Thanks for your advice. I will try to ignore it.

Yep  " let it go "  :)  .......   like Eric I think it is one of those small quirks, like the Auto Roof returns that sometimes don't work both sides either, for no apparent reason...

I opened your plan I had from yest. and strangely the Flush eaves where all white like the soffit material, so I opened the Roof DBX and reset the option and they turned back into the wall material , so don't be surprised if you see that weirdness too...

M. 

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I opened your plan I had from yest. and strangely the Flush eaves where all white like the soffit material, so I opened the Roof DBX and reset the option and they turned back into the wall material , so don't be surprised if you see that weirdness too...

M. 

Mick......................................:(

1 hour ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mick......................................:(

unfortunately your statement is correct , but most people don't report these small annoyances so they never appear on the Development Teams' Radar to look into.

M.

I'll add to this gripe. I was just getting ready to print my plan, and what do you know...flush eave stopped working on one roof plane! Proceed to hair pulling and cursing (but quietly so no one hears). I've lost track of the # of times I've had to manually build these eaves. Now I'm past frustration and anger. I'm just going to sit here and cry for a bit!

image.thumb.png.e0725626cd78687eb6b5a1d0707825c2.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:37 AM, robdyck said:

I'll add to this gripe. I was just getting ready to print my plan, and what do you know...flush eave stopped working on one roof plane! Proceed to hair pulling and cursing (but quietly so no one hears). I've lost track of the # of times I've had to manually build these eaves. Now I'm past frustration and anger. I'm just going to sit here and cry for a bit!

image.thumb.png.e0725626cd78687eb6b5a1d0707825c2.png

Acer, can you point me to where to learn how to manually build the eaves? 

3 minutes ago, Anna_Gorres said:

Acer, can you point me to where to learn how to manually build the eaves? 

Ha! Acer Aspire is my computer spec, not my name! That's funny but I'll update my signature to avoid that again!

I just use p-solids to manually make an eave. Usually a solid drawn in plan view for the soffit, and a solid drawn in elevation view for the end.