different fascia heights

Statewide

Overhang at inside corner, 2 different pitches, main pitch 6", other pitch 3" , same wall heights. Automatic roof build.

It is expected that the fascia elevations are different, the wall heights have to stay the same and o.h. stays the same.

Program keeps making the fascia elevations the same by extending the overhang of the 3" pitch out, regardless of what the o.h. setting.

Yes I can manually pull the roofs back but I prefer to utilize the automatic build as much as possible so I don't have to keep fixing something if a change is made.

Thanks,

Jim

Ya but I would've still had to give description of my issue.

I have the "same height eaves" unchecked.

And if I uncheck the "same roof height at ext wall" it still makes the fascia the same height, although it does keep the same amount of o.h. which is better but still not what I need.

10 hours ago, solver said:

You are not being very helpful :unsure:

That indicates same fascia heights.

ct1.thumb.png.6733da145c1382a8047cc1efe35a6ac4.png

Not when the pitches are different.  I don't know how to simplify my first post any more than it already is.

Yes that is how the fascia should look. but you raised the floor/wall height to achieve that and it appears the pitches are the same.

If wall heights are the same, o.h. is the same, heel heights normal, pitches are different the fascia can not be level.  This is what I want with autobuild roofs.

14 hours ago, Statewide said:

I prefer to utilize the automatic build as much as possible

"automatic build as much as possible". Yes, it has been mentioned many times that an auto built roof is a good starting place, then manually fix as needed. You're talking about a very short time to manually fix it. Auto roofs don't always do what you want as you're finding out.

1 minute ago, tommy1 said:

"automatic build as much as possible". Yes, it has been mentioned many times that an auto built roof is a good starting place, then manually fix as needed. You're talking about a very short time to manually fix it. Auto roofs don't always do what you want as you're finding out.

And it may well be that way.  I was just hoping someone knew if I was missing something. 

3 hours ago, Statewide said:

And it may well be that way.  I was just hoping someone knew if I was missing something. 

I don't think so, Chief always fights you to keep the Fascia heights the same , with both boxes unchecked it usually moves the Roof Plane baselines to achieve this , so you need to select them and move them back over the Wall Framing's outer edge and then rejoin all the roof planes and possibly make a few manual adjustments too. 

What we need I think is a box in the Roof Build DBX to allow us to lock the Baselines to the Framing when needed.

M.

The thing you must understand about Chief Premier is that it is pre-programmed along particular lines and if those pre-programmings do not fit what you are doing then you must preset things to arrive where you wish them to. Chief Premier is in the end, just a mechanical drawing device which must be guided to all reasonable results only by the end-user. No pure Automaticity can ever perfectly read the users mind. Simple Auto-Build roofs operate on default settings or custom end-user settings only. It is damn fine Architectural software but it is not and never be "perfect" by those that use it.

DJP

58 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

The thing you must understand about Chief Premier is that it is pre-programmed along particular lines and if those pre-programmings do not fit what you are doing then you must preset things to arrive where you wish them to. Chief Premier is in the end, just a mechanical drawing device which must be guided to all reasonable results only by the end-user. No pure Automaticity can ever perfectly read the users mind. Simple Auto-Build roofs operate on default settings or custom end-user settings only. It is damn fine Architectural software but it is not and never be "perfect" by those that use it.

DJP

I totally understand that, but I have no desire to do something manually if it will do it automagically.  Because if something changes than I got to go back and fix that.

This program is way beyond my capability to use it, so I didn't know if there was a preset that I had not accessed to attain my goal.