Note Schedule -> Room Schedule

Joe_Carrick

25 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

nice Joe.  I noticed that you don't show the total square footages, probably a good thing as I can never get the room finish numbers to match the site info..

It's always going to be a problem since there are chases and other areas that don't get included in the Room Finish Schedules.  In addition, the site information is typically "Standard Area" while I'm just showing "Interior Area" in my Schedules.

You might also note that I have some columns that you can't get with Chief's Room Schedules.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

One more question , Is there a provision or a way to show  new vs. existing vs. remodeled area?   Also are you selling this.

It would be easy to add a field/column for New / Existing.

I'm not selling this just yet as I want to get it refined a bit more.  Currently it's a good concept but I really need CA to fix a few attributes so that everything is reported correctly.

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Looks good Joe. Guess you're waiting for show wall finish? 

That and correct dimensions for moldings.  Currently the attributes are nominal vs exact and the width always shows as 1"

The Wall Schedule takes care of the substrate material so for Wall Finish I could use "Wall Coverings" but that's limited to just 1 per Room. 

• Upvote 1

Joe, I am getting very excited about this!  My only question is when?   I have to do this on every darn project I do, the room area glass thing.  

The other thing is the unprotected wall openings in exterior walls that have a limiting distance.  The code requires the designer to calculate the percentage of the sum of window opening area as a percentage of the wall above the grade and below the eaves.  If the wall is less than 4' from the property line then no unprotected (window) openings are allowed.  At 4' you may have about 7% unprotected opening, and that percentage goes up and the distance from the wall to the property line increases.  In general, you make the calculation based on a percentage from a table in the codebook.  

Hi Doug,

I have the glass area thing already.  I had messaged you about that weeks ago but hadn't heard anything from you.  I figured you had decided you didn't need it.

The exterior openings and wall/property line relationships are a bit more complicated.  I will look to see if it can be done.

• Upvote 1

OK, so here's my analysis on the unprotected openings in exterior walls.

1. Walls would need a custom field for distance to property line - user entered in the OIP for each exterior wall.
  2. Windows & Doors would need a custom field to associate with the wall they are in - again, user entered in the OIPs.
  3. I would need the table for the percentages allowed to do the allowed calculation.
  4. Wall areas are already available in Ruby Attributes
  5. Door areas are already available in Ruby Attributes
  6. Window areas already are available in Ruby Attributes

So, it can be done.  The key is making sure the user input listed in #1 & #2 is all done correctly.

• Upvote 1