Can't down load DWG file to X11

Evolution

Trying to download a DWG file sent to me of a Hover 3D model. It defaults to X10. I went to windows>setting>default app settings> went down the list of apps to open files, found the .dwg file type, but the only available app to open it is X10. I have no option or choice to set the default app to X11. Any ideas? 

NEED TO OPEN DWG IN X11.png

• Downvote 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, DavidJPotter said:

Open and save it in X10 and then transfer it to X11 by export or in a plan file, either way, should work. Besides NO Chief Architect software "Opens" any AutoCAD files directly, you must open a plan file and then IMPORT such files using "File - Import..."

DJP

DJP I did what you suggested and that was the trick. However; I learned that the "Hover app" while it does a great job at mapping out the as built, when the .DWG file is imported into CA, it was quite skewed. I decided to import it as an SKP and that worked much better (although being a 3D symbol) it doesn't give me much to manipulate.  I didn't have a surveyor's dwg file to import the plot plan so I used the PDF the client sent and traced over it.  I input all the lengths and bearing information after resizing the PDF, then did a replicate, rotate so I can draw the project in on true 90-180 degree angles. I drew the basic foot print of the addition with cad lines. So I think I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks for your help! 

PRELIM SITE PLAN.pdf