HOVER

Evolution

I am about to start a new project that will be an (supposed to be detached) attached addition to an existing residence.  I don't need the as built to be perfect in this case as the addition was supposed to be a stand alone (except the local ordinances limit the sq ft of a stand alone addition). However, if it is connected (via a breezeway or etc) then the sq ft is only limited by the lot size. The existing home is about 6K sq ft  (two story) and I know it will take an act of congress for me to get the as built dims. So; out of curiosity I downloaded the "Hover App" to see if it would save some as built time. The app actually did a very good job of doing the 3D image. Has anyone attempted to use this app and if so how did you go about importing it into Chief? The Hover tech says with a membership I can down load the 3D model as a .dwg file. There are some details missing, like a few windows on the front elevation. But the add the windows I'd have to be able to open a floor plan view an add them. Would it be better to import a dxf. file

3D OF FRONT PERSPECTIVE @ GARAGE.png

3D OF FRONT PERSPECTIVE.png

Bob I have not tried "Hover" but would assume importing the .DWG file into Chief would possibly be similar to what you might experience with the data provided by Canvas Structure Sensor.

Please keep us informed as to how it goes.

5 hours ago, Evolution said:

Has anyone attempted to use this app and if so how did you go about importing it into Chief? The Hover tech says with a membership I can down load the 3D model as a .dwg file. There are some details missing, like a few windows on the front elevation. But the add the windows I'd have to be able to open a floor plan view an add them. Would it be better to import a dxf. file

I've used the Hover app on a couple properties and have been very impressed. I have the pay as you go membership, so I pay for each property. DWGs cost extra, and I've been fine with using the PDF report they generate that is very detailed. You can always use a PDF to DWG converter to save money, but sometimes that doesn't always transfer over as nice as you'd want it.