• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MatthewJ
    Newest Member
    MatthewJ

• By StructEng58
      All,

I am working on a house that the customer wants a vaulted gable roof over the great room. I would like to get this gable roof to span the entire great room if I could, but can't seem to get the roof lines to work. I also don't want a very tall gable wall at the great room. See the below images to what I am talking about. I also attached the plan file for reference.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
      Brundage.zip
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have been learning a lot about building porches, both manually and using Railings.
      I used a Room Divider to make the concrete pad. Then a molding profile to add 4" around it. 
      I made a 1x1 sq profile and made my beam, and added in my columns.
      I built several porches trying different roofs, but end up with no gable end wall. 
      I tried added an exterior wall and making it an attic wall, which added some frieze boards, but the wall just covered my porch from concrete up.
      Not finding much on videos for porches.
      Thank you

• By 1090291004350551
      Hello everyone,
      In my current project, a client asks for a groin vault, something like that. 
      I've looked through the forum but I can't find anything about this.

How is it possible to do with Chief? 
       I would be very grateful for a video.

Thanks in advance 

• By StaceyRamsey1
      Hi.
      I have a problem that I am hoping to get some feedback on Re: soffits. I believe to be a X11 issue.  In my plan, i created open rafters first on attic level with no finished ceiling, the soffits would "glow" with emission. I am a part of Chief Tutor.com so I sent .plan to him to get feedback.  He took the file, put the soffit rafters on the first level and it fixed the problem on his computer.  However, when i did what he instructed on my own software, the soffits would still glow in physically based render with "improve lighting quality" checked, and they are downright black when the improve lighting is not checked.  He informed me it was  likely an X11 issue because he was able to resolve in the newest version.  Is there a work around I can do for this?   I am contracted out through a small construction company and they may not be upgrading to new version; So a work around would be ideal.  Thank you.  See attached files for images of problem.