Slope Wall to Create Railing

kwhitt

I need to slope the front only of this wall in the direction of the arrow.  I've seen videos online where it can be done, but in this instance I do not get a grab handle.  Could that be since it is defined as a railing wall?  If anyone has an idea of how to do this, please let me know.  I will be adding stair railing on top to match the photo (2nd attachment).  Thanks.

slant stair railing wall.jpg

2019-04-19 10.37.38.jpg

56 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Check reference manual starting at page 758, railing follows stairs. 

Thanks.  The wall is not so easy.  I need the bottom of the wall to continue at the same angle - not turn parallel to the floor at the tip.  Also, the "railing" wall on the second flight of stairs does nothing with "follow stairs" checked.  If I pull the wall back flush with the bottom riser, I am able to achieve the correct look, however, the wall is not supposed to be flush with the 1st riser.  Any ideas?

lower wall rail.jpg

upper wall rail.jpg

flush rail wall.jpg

32 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Don't forget to check the KB  (KnowledgeBase) or FAQ for a lot of your Questions , it is a very handy reference with short Tutorials for common issues...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03107/creating-a-stair-rake-wall.html

Thanks Mick.  I read that article twice.  It didn't help with the quirky tip on the edge of the wall.  I ended up pulling the wall back to get the proper slope.  Although, not like the as-built, it will have to do.

3 hours ago, kwhitt said:

Thanks Mick.  I read that article twice.  It didn't help with the quirky tip on the edge of the wall.  I ended up pulling the wall back to get the proper slope.  Although, not like the as-built, it will have to do.

You've probably found one of those little quirks , and there are a few with Stairs , that they are slowly improving year by year. 

It's one of those small things that needs to be reported though or they never get fixed unfortunately, so please send TS the Plan file for review.

PS  the KB Articles all have a PDF download too , under Tools on the right if you want to save a Copy locally.

M.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

You've probably found one of those little quirks , and there are a few with Stairs , that they are slowly improving year by year. 

It's one of those small things that needs to be reported though or they never get fixed unfortunately, so please send TS the Plan file for review.

PS  the KB Articles all have a PDF download too , under Tools on the right if you want to save a Copy locally.

M.

Thanks Mick.  Will do...