Getting Frustrated with Contextual Menu

John_B

I've performed a search but haven't found anything....I have tried turning the "Contextual" button on & off and also selected "click-twice" in Preferences but I can't get the Program to enable me to just one-click on an item (e.g. wall, cabinet, etc) to move it without the dialog box ALWAYS opening.....where do I need to look to shut this off so that it takes a double click to do this?

Do I understand that a single click on an object opens the dialog instead of just selecting the object?

Is this a new problem?

I don't recall having this issue in the past at all so yes, new problem.

The context menu and the specification dialog are different things -- which one is always opening?

A single click to select an item (like when I want to move it) opens the dialog box which I then have to close.  I have opened the context menu in an attempt to change the settings which affects this behavior but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Eric, sorry for the confusion and thanks with your patience with me....when I select the cabinet on the lower left with one left click then this dialog box opens before I can even move the cabinet so then I have to close the box and then move the cabinet.

Box.jpg