Angled Wall

kwhitt

I have a story and a half as-built that I'm modeling.  There's an angled wall just above the foyer as shown in the first photo.  How should I go about this?  Polyline solid or is there some tool in Ca that will help?  The second photo is an exterior shot.  Thanks, Kevin.

interior.jpg

exterior.jpg

If you are talking about the wall on the right if you were looking out the front door.  There should not be any issue with chief drawing that.  Just open up your General Plan Defaults and add the angle to Allowed Angles if it is something odd that is not an increment of 15° or 7 1/2°.

Sorry - I should have been more clear.  In the image attached I have marked the sloping wall.  When viewed from the outside it's a sort of dormer.  The second photo shows another vantage point from the inside.  I guess my question is, can CA draw this parametrically (thereby generating framing) or do I need to fill this in with a polyline solid and manually add the framing?  Can CA generate walls that aren't perpendicular to the floor?  The outside ceiling over the porch is flat.

interior_MARKED.jpg

another view.jpg

Yes, exactly.  The surface under the red that I show with red arrows.  I think you just answered my question though.  "Chief only does plumb walls".  So, I'll have to fill in with a polyline solid.  Thanks!

52 minutes ago, solver said:

I'd try a ceiling plane -- no guarantees. Framing may not be perfect especially with the ceiling below, but it might get you started.

And you can do this in Chief, you just give up all the things that make Chief easy.

ct1.thumb.png.8a0276481cf47858f8a414d2dcc70418.png

Very cool!

Eric - I appreciate you looking at this.  I tried drawing the ceiling plan myself this morning and can't get it in the proper location nor can I invert is so that drywall is on the top.  How did you do this?  Kevin

Joey - thanks for taking the time to answer.  I think I've got it now, however, I end up with a lip where the two planes of drywall need to attach.  I have tried moving the ceiling plane forward to meet on the outside, but CA pushes it back behind the vertical layer of drywall.  Any work around for this or is this as good as it gets?  Thanks again, Kevin

Also, if you have any idea on how to get rid of the baseboard poking through, I'm listening.  I am unable to select the room and delete the baseboard under the moldings panel (it's grayed out).  If I remove it from the wall by ticking "no room moldings", the baseboard doesn't show up in the adjacent room where I need it.  Any ideas?

drywall lip.jpg

drywall lip_elevation.jpg

DBX_baseboard.jpg