• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cwbhunter
    Newest Member
    cwbhunter

• By MN_JohnH
      I wonder why my second floor loft flooring is sticking through the roof and can be seen on the outside of the building?

• By lavorhaynie
      I've been an active user of Chief Architect for about 15 years now. I am currently using the X11 and have an SSA.  In all of these years using the software I have been frustrated with a couple things in the electrical area. First was the terrible placement of electrical connectors, they were never placed in a way that was visually appealing. I was always wasting time adjusting the lines after placement just to make them look nice on the plan.  Thank you Chief, in X11 the lines now, most of the time, place in a visually acceptable manner. A great time saver when doing the electrical! 

The second, frustrating issue is the lack of programming to address the floor-to-floor light switching. I have over the years visited ChiefTalk hoping someone had a good solution to address this issue. I have never liked any of the proposed solutions, namely placing the correct 3-way or 4-way switch on each floor then placing cad arcs or splines to represent the electrical connector. I felt it to be a time waster and it just did not feel right using a cad line instead of an electrical connector. 

So, in response to my frustration with floor-to-floor switching I came up with an idea and ran with it. I created two floor-to-floor connector symbols. The symbols are identical except that one is designated as being switched and the other is not switched.  Both are, in plan view, a 2" circle, defined as an electrical item, In 3D they are a 2" clear glass sphere and attach to the ceiling, being virtually invisible in a 3D rendering. When I am doing a floor-to-floor switch connection I place the switched symbol in the stair well then connect the switch to the symbol. The switch then automatically changes to a 3-way. I have a set of text labels that I then place over the switched symbol to indicate the usage of the switch, i.e. "To light above", etc. I have attached an X11 library containing the two floor-to-floor symbols, (switched and not switched), and the text labels I use.

I hope these will save you a bit of time. Enjoy!
      LaVor
      ELEC CONNECTORS.calibz
    • By Doug_N
      OK so I have wrestled with this house for waaaaaayyy too long.  Still, the room over the room is fighting me.  I think I am getting close.  

This is an as-built design, with a new flat roof over a storage space in the garage to give the client stand up space in the storage room.

The house is complex and I have not even begun to work on the basement which has two floors.  One of the floors contains a built-in swimming pool.  That should be fun.  There is a basement level under the garage as well.  

The storage room over the garage has a crawl space on the right side of the room when viewed from the front of the house.  I have included a couple of screenshots so that you can get an idea of where I am trying to go with this.

There are a few other problems that I am having with walls not stopping at intersections on interior surfaces and exterior surfaces as well.
      Test building to get second story crawl space.plan
    • By RohitChandra
      How do I add different tiles to different areas of the bathroom? 

• By olivia222
      I am a new user, and am working on my first multi level dwelling. I know how to create a ground floor foundation, but want to create mid floor slabs for the levels above. I have tried a few things but nothing will appear in cross section as a solid obvious object. It will be a timber structure, but I dont want to indicate that at this stage, just a solid floor.