How do you build a deck using screw piles instead of concrete footings? Help!

Mjfurgs

Thank you SO much. Do you know how to actually place those ground screws? I was hoping there was an option to replace concrete footings with ground screws but looks like I may have to do it manually - im having a hard time lining up the posts and screws. If that makes sense?

Sorry I'm new here!

1 hour ago, Mjfurgs said:

Thank you SO much. Do you know how to actually place those ground screws? I was hoping there was an option to replace concrete footings with ground screws but looks like I may have to do it manually - im having a hard time lining up the posts and screws. If that makes sense?

Sorry I'm new here!

I know how in real and I know how in Chief Architect! If you can, please post a screenshot your showing your issue. It'll make it easier to point out a solution.

9 hours ago, Mjfurgs said:

Sorry I'm new here!

You may have to do it manually.

Screw Piles may be found in the 3D Warehouse, for download.

They are Sketch Up files but Chief Architect will open them and add then to the library

750071670_ScrewPile.thumb.PNG.3458637088b01269944a6b9c7d01272a.PNG

Model here

• Like 1

You need to manually place them, but I would leave the Auto Deck on until you are certain you are ready to place the piles. That way all the deck posts and beams will be in place and it's just a simple matter of deleting the concrete footings and replacing them.

No need to know what your computer or software is, just a simple answer to a simple question.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, joey_martin said:

No need to know what your computer or software is, just a simple answer to a simple question.

The guys above are just trying to be helpful and get people started off on the right foot.  Example?  The following statement would make absolutely no sense and would serve no purpose but to confuse for a person using HD Suite...

4 hours ago, joey_martin said:

but I would leave the Auto Deck on until you are certain you are ready to place the piles.

• Like 1