Triangular Window

Adam_Gibson

• 3 years later...

Indeed a helpful tip.

I also struggled with defining a triangular window recently.  If I recall correctly, I instead fussed around in the "shape" category with window side heights...

I never thought about an arch setting with zero radius.  Why?  Because in the real world a triangular window is not arched I suppose.

I think this is a good example where Chief could make things a little more user friendly and accessible to the user not wise in arcane workarounds.  Maybe add a window shape called triangular?  No snark intended.  Just my two cents.  I am pretty impressed with what you can do with Chief.  But, sometimes it seems things are a little mysterious and hidden.

Jim

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for this! JKEdmo's comment about the arch with zero radius helped me see what the key was here. Besides the full triangle in the intial post, you can also use this to create a window with 5 sides: two vertical perpendicular to the horizontal, and then two at the angle to match the ceiling line.  Though you do have to play with the dimensions to match the ceiling rather than it being automatic.

shaped window.jpg